Equality Duty Statement
Senior leaders and governors acknowledge their responsibility for the active promotion of Equality and Diversity, in particular the protected characteristics defined by the Equality Act 2010: age; disability; gender reassignment; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation.
Our school’s equality objectives are:
• To be inclusive providing equal opportunities for all students to access the curriculum with no barriers to learning.
• To educate all students whatever their belief, race or religion for life in a diverse society and to treat everyone with respect.
• For everyone to examine their own prejudices to prevent any form of unconscious discrimination.
• To make our workforce representative of the schools community
• To increase staff and student knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity issues.
• Work with stakeholders to deliver more effective and equal outcomes for staff and students.
This statement is updated annually and was reviewed in December 2018.